How to save and load schematics with WorldEdit
Posted on June 27, 2019 in minecraft
There's been a recent uptick in people wanting a correct tutorial on how to use schematics with WorldEdit, due to a few incorrect tutorials floating around the internet.
If you're a developer and are looking for the tutorial on the API, see here.
WorldEdit stores schematics in the worldedit/schematics folder. On Bukkit-based servers, this is inside the plugins folder. On Forge and Fabric, this is inside the config folder. If the schematics folder doesn't exist, make a new folder named
If you've downloaded a Minecraft schematic file and want to load it into your Minecraft world, do the following:
- Put the schematic file into your worldedit/schematics folder.
- Load it in-game using the
//schem load filenamecommand.
- Stand where you want the schematic to appear, and run
- If you've put it in the wrong place, you can use
//undoand try again.
If you've built something in Minecraft and want to save it to a schematic file to share with friends or the internet, do the following:
- Select the area you want using WorldEdit's wand.
- Use the
- Save it to the file with the
//schem save filenamecommand.
- Grab the schematic file that you made from the worldedit/schematics folder
If you still need help, feel free to ask on the official EngineHub discord guild.